Design Pool Library, Tips for Product DesignersKristin Crane
Even the best product can fall flat if the pattern and color are not right. You just spent a lot of time and energy into designing the coolest and best farmers market tote, but it’s not going to sell if it’s plain and boring, no matter how crisp it keeps vegetables. Product designers have access to more pattern designs than ever. The internet has made it easy for surface designers to get their work in front of a huge audience to sell their designs. This can be exciting, but also overwhelming. Where do product designers even start to find the best pattern? Should they hire a designer to create something just for them? Should they buy a design outright or license a design?
We created Design Pool because we know how quickly print-on-demand technology is growing and see its potential to change the way business is done. Using expertise and industry knowledge, we created a platform that would connect designers directly to both the latest print-on-demand technology and a rich library of patterns. If you have a product that needs a design to take it from good to great, we have one for you. Let’s break down how to use it.
What is in the Design Pool Library?
- Hundreds of curated designs created by experienced textile designers.
- An easy to navigate interface to search for patterns using multiple search criteria. Just type in what you’re looking for, such as floral, red, plaid, whatever!
- Five unique colorways for each pattern, in an easily scalable vector file type.
- Flexibility to work with a designer to customize a color for any pattern.
- Opportunity to work with a designer to create completely custom patterns.
- Connection to trusted print-on-demand partners with high-quality, commercial-grade, innovative products.
- Sustainable advantages of printing only what you need.
How does it work for product designers?
- Search our library of licensable designs.
- Choose your pattern.
- Click on the product icon if you would like to order from one of our trusted partners, such as faux leather from LDI Interiors.
- Fill out the form to request a sample, custom color, custom design, or quote.
What if I only need the design and don’t need a sample?
You may have already sourced a manufacturer and only need the design. No problem. Just email Design Pool’s Kristen Dettoni and let her know what pattern you’re interested in. She can walk you through your options of either purchasing the design outright or licensing the design. She’ll also describe the pros and cons of each option to help you make the best choice for our business.
The pattern and color you choose for your product can make or break a sale. It shouldn’t be an afterthought. Let us help you choose the best possible pattern for your product. Have questions? We are happy to answer them. Either leave them in the comments or feel free to email us.