Graphic Image Flooring is Design Pool’s Newest PartnerKristin Crane
Based in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, Graphic Image Flooring manufacturers durable, recyclable, printed vinyl flooring. Using the latest in digital printing technology all orders are print-on-demand. Their products have a wide range of uses for commercial and residential interior spaces. We deliver orders on finished rolls up to 10’ x 50’ wide. This allows a fast installation with fewer seams than traditional flooring all with the thickest wear layer of flooring of its kind. Their innovative technology is fast, efficient, and generally ship in approximately 5 business days throughout North America.
Tim Wirtz, CEO of Graphic Image Flooring, believes strongly in the value of partnerships in growing a business. “As the business grew, our customers were asking for more options than just custom work. Having a library of designs for our customers to choose from is an ideal next step. We look forward to working with Design Pool, growing our businesses together, and dazzling our customers.”
We chatted with Tim to get to know Graphic Image Flooring.
How long as Graphic Image Flooring been in business?
I founded the business in February 2013
What types of flooring do you specialize in?
Custom Printed Resilient flooring is our mainstay. We make flooring for residential and commercial markets, trade shows & events, theater, TV Studios, and more! We also offer a great line of predesigned marine flooring for pontoons and other similar boats. In addition, through a distributor agreement with Swisstrax, we offer the world’s finest modular flooring. In the past year, by demand, we started offering floor mats to compliment the flooring.
What makes your flooring so unique?
Both our residential and commercial vinyl offers the thickest wear layer of flooring of its kind. Most vinyl flooring is made of a base filler layer, next is the print, and then followed by a thin wear layer of between 6 – 20 mil thick. Our floors use no laminates and print under either a 50 mil or 75 mil thick clear wear layer. This year, the vinyl will also be available with a special order Anti-Microbial topcoat aimed directly at the healthcare industry.
Custom design is our most unique aspect. Rather than using what someone else has decided is the right design, our customers get to do so. What they say is cool, we do! A sandy beach, forest floor, maps, portraits, you name it and our customers can have it.
What is so exciting about customizing floors to a space?
Vinyl has been around since the 1800s but always with someone else’s design. Customers can finally have exactly what they want. We also work on historical replications. Armstrong long ago discontinued designs and customers have started to ask for them again as retro looks gain momentum. Ford Motor Company has tasked us with recreating the flooring for a historic mansion. With today’s technology, we can.
How has digital printing changed the flooring industry?
Digital printing has changed the flooring industry in four distinct ways.
- Speed: We can produce a floor in a single day if needed to support our customers.
- Clarity: With the ability to print up to 1,000 dpi, we can capture the eyelash of a baby within the graphic for the floor.
- Creativity: Due to cost demands, floors were previously produced in the tens of thousands of square feet and delivered for customers to choose from. While it costs a little more today, we can do just about anything.
- Size: We can now print over 10’ wide where previously it was limited to around 6’.
Fun fact about your company?
We have so many! Here are a few of my favorites.
- Our floors are as far north as the Yukon, south as Bermuda and overseas in Turkey.
- #StepsBeyondtheOrdinary is our mantra – no more boring floors
- We like the color orange.
- Our floors are everywhere from bathrooms to boardrooms.
- Most unexpected places and projects: Hay bathroom, Stanley Cup celebration runner, gym floor of a $34 million mansion, giant Scrabble Board, Modular Mammoth Catan Game, Oversized Tater Tots Floor, Chocolate Cookie floor. We have the most creative customers!
Kristen is thrilled about this new partnership. “I was looking for a flooring partner to bring more options to our customers. Graphic Image Flooring is the perfect fit. Their commitment to high-quality products and excellent customer service is ideal for Design Pool customers. We are so excited to have them!”
Please join us in welcoming Graphic Image Flooring!